If you are currently like me, and you are stuck indoors for a little bit, but you still need your beauty and skin care supplies, I am so grateful that companies like Beautycounter are having a sale during a time where people may need to pinch their pennies a little bit.
I want to first remind you all that we are doing a good thing by loving our neighbors and choosing to stay indoors as much as we can so that we don't possibly infect someone else. Yes, we may be perfectly healthy and not have any symptoms currently, but it is still possible we can be a vector and I would hate to be responsible for passing something on to someone simply because I didn't want to be inconvenienced. This is loving our neighbor.
Another encouragement for you is this. It is okay to love yourself too. During this time, we as a society tend to drift toward a scarcity mentality. I know I do. I constantly ask myself if I will have enough or if I really need to buy myself face wash and moisturizer right now?! You are not a horrible person if you choose to buy yourself something pretty, especially if you are struggling and desire to see something pretty. I know it seems selfish and petty, but nobody is saying you have to buy everything. Do what you can, buy what you need, even if it is one thing. And maybe make it a pampering session with those you are stuck inside with! The kids and I are going to have a self-care session together, since we are currently on lockdown! ha!
On to the sale. You all know that I love myself some Beautycounter and I am already starting to feel my skin change due to using their Countertime line these last two weeks. I also picked up for myself a brow gel and a bright and gorgeous fuchsia pink lipstick that will give me a little extra confidence, especially since I may be indoors for awhile. You can try and look good for yourself, sister friend!
Here are a few of my favorites that I think everyone should try if you can only try one item. (Plus, from today until the end of the month, the entire site is 10% off, and this time they are including their skincare regimens and collections! YES!!!!
1. Overnight Resurfacing Peel: This is one I have personally think everyone should have. If you get nothing else, get this one product. Clinical studies have shown that those who used the peel saw improvement in the way their skin felt, their skin appeared more radiant, and their pores looked smaller.
2. Color Intense Lipstick: I highly recommend giving these lipsticks a try. I currently have 2 shades: 9-5 and The Fuschia is Ready. I recently did a story on Instagram regarding these two and I am excited to purchase more. I love lipstick. They are usually the first things I purchase when I check out a new to me makeup company.
3. Countertime Regiment Set: This is the current skincare regimen that I use and I was absolutely, 100% drawn to it because of the color of the bottles. Pink is my signature color, friends. Full disclosure: I have only been using this for a couple of weeks, but I am noticing that my skin is looking brighter and more youthful. I am 38 after all. Closer to turning 40 than I am to turning 20. Such is life. A big part of my being able to see results is consistent use. In the morning and evening, I spend the time cleaning my face and taking care of it. It is one of my favorite routines. Make it a favorite part of your getting ready and settling down lifestyle. It makes a big difference.
4. Charcoal Cleansing Bar: If you need a good cleansing bar of soap, a charcoal bar is what you need. I really love this one and Young Living's Charcoal bar. If you are one who believes in double cleansing, this would be a great bar that will take off your makeup and not dry out your face.
5. Countersun Mineral Sunscreen Lotion SPF30: You also need sunscreen. Everyone needs sunscreen. This product is a really good on. I have also used the Countersun Face Stick which is fabulous to use on really squirmy boys who are ready to play baseball and don't understand the need for sunscreen on their face!
Those are just a few of my favorites. I am still playing around with the products and will probably order different items to try them out and give you my honest feedback. I just love skin care and makeup, and I know a lot of you do too. Plus, Beautycounter is committed to providing it customers with safer products that are good for us and that perform! Who wants to invest in safer products if they don't perform as promised.
And don't forget! There are still a few amazing incentives for you:
*Order for the very first time with an order of $100 or more and receive Free Shipping. Yes, please!
*Join Band of Beauty Membership (Our very special customer program with special incentives), and get a free Charcoal Masque as a thank you!
Or, take your love of safer skin care to the next level and join the Beautycounter Movement. Get your enrollment fee waived (a $98 Value) when you become a Beautycounter Consultant with the purchase of a starter kit. Or shoot me an email at email@example.com and I am more than happy to answer any questions you may have. You can make this as big or as little as you choose. I am choosing to supplement this with my blog and utilize my love of safer beauty as an affiliate. With everything happening right now, I find joy in talking about things that I enjoy. I know that is the case for many of you.
Take care of yourselves, friends.
We will get through this together,